Monday, September 29, 2008

April 2008

Note ... Viewer Discretion is Advised! 

April was a month of stitches, gum slicing and teeth pulling. I received wonderful new sharp knives for Christmas, and well I sliced my left thumb cutting cold rotisserie chicken. I received two stitches as well as cutting a nerve. It took forever to stop throbbing. I still have numbness now, but at least the swelling is finally down and I can use it.












Payten is having many issues with his mouth and teeth. He has an under-bite and is under orthodontic care to help correct that problem, but to continue his therapy he needs his teeth to come out. Out of the 8 teeth Payten has lost, he has had 5 of them pulled. At this dentist appointment, he was lucky to get two teeth pulled and his gums split so that his two front teeth could come down. He gets really nervous about these procedures and is very vocal while in the chair. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the "gas". While sitting out in the office I could hear Payten's loud anxious exclamations. I was surprised by his outburst and had to stifle several giggles as I watched the other people in the office wondering what was happening behind the door. 

No comments: